Does your living room need an accent of color, pattern, or a dash of whimsy? If so, you don't need to waste time trekking through stores looking for the right piece. You can easily decorate that accent piece yourself.
Decopatch is a real kid's play. In this example I used the basic technique: torn paper
- Coat the cd-holder with white acrylic paint
- Tear out pieces of paper into smaller or larger pieces (decopatch paper n° 432)
- Brush a coat of varnish-glue over the base
- Pick up a piece of paper using the brush and place on to the glued section
- Brush the varnish-glue over the paper, and keep applying glue and pieces of paper
- Slightly overlap each new piece of paper on one that is already in place to achieve a patchwork effect